CalTest specialises in electrical measurements, testing and consulting. Our Port Elliot facilities provide for a wide range of electrical tests and measurements, using high voltages and heavy currents.
• Large Motors (to 1500 kW, 11 kV) No-Load
• Insulation and Dielectrics
• Power Line Systems and Components
• Three phase currents up to 12000 A
• At extra low voltage , 50 or 60 Hz
• Electric motors, Transformers and Variable Frequency Drives
• Back-to-back loading tests
• Up to 1000 kVA
• Conductor Systems, Switchgear, Transformers & Converters
• With 1 Ph / 3 Ph Currents To 10 kA
• Multipoint Measurement and Logging
CalTest's wide range of precision equipment facilitates the measurement of electrical quantities including power, energy, voltage (including voltage which is electrostatically generated), current (over a very wide range), and both low resistance (cables, busbars, joints etc.) and high (cable insulation resistance, for example).
Precise measurements of mechanical quantities including force, torque and rotational speed are also catered for.
Consulting activities include failure analysis and the investigation of accidents and events involving electrical equipment in both industrial and domestic settings, and the development of specialised testing and measurement systems.
Our laboratory is accredited by NATA to the requirements of ISC/IEC 17025, and has specific accreditation for efficiency (MEPS) measurements on induction motors, no-load tests and measurements on large and high voltage motors, and for tensile strength measurements in the field of mechanical testing. (Accredited laboratory no. 15303).